What is this community about?
This community is for every writer who wants to have fun with picture prompts. And because the fun is even bigger when you can share it with others.
So, what are you waiting for? Join the community, open a folder and let your phantasie run wild. How does it work?
Every Sunday we will have a new challenge = two new pictures. Pictures can be everything you can imagine: settings, persons, animals, history, science fiction, etc.
You have three options to work with the prompts.
- choose one
picture to write a story
- choose both
pictures to write two stories (both stories can stand alone and don't have to be about the same fandom/characters)
- choose both
pictures and try to bring them together in one
You can create as many fills as you want for every challenge but please post only one story per day.
Feel free to interpret the pictures in which way ever you like. As long as you
can explain the connection between the image and your work everything is fine.
Every 10th challenge will be an amnesty round for two weeks. This means no new pictures, but you can write every picture prompt (stand alone stories or any combination) we have had so far. So, if you have missed a picture you would have liked to write about you can grab your chance now.
We will have special challenges now and then - just wait and see.What kind of stories can I submit?
We love fanfiction as much as real person stories or original work. Alternate universes and crossovers are fine. And we would be happy to find some poetry now and then.
Fills can be gen, slash, het, femslash, threesomes, etc. All genres and ratings are welcome. We just ask you to remember the basic rules of Dreamwidth and to use warnings and cuts wisely.Some more info about the fills
- fics should be at least 100 words; poems don't have a requested word count
- post only new created stories/poems
- no WIP's, please. Sequels are fine as long as they can count as stand alone stories.
- post your fill first
to this community. If you want to publish it at other places, too (your own journal, Ao3, fanfiction.net, etc.) a link to our community would be nice.
- you can combine fills written for this community with every other challenge at every other place as long as this is okay for the other community.
- most of the community posts will be 'open' but if you prefer to 'lock' your entries this is fine, too.Format of Posting
- the title should include at least the picture # and the fandom
- use a header like this
Warnings: (if necessary)
Author's Notes: (if necessary)
- put the (miniature) picture into your community post
- use a cut for stories longer than 100 words
- please tag your posts with picture #, author's name, and fandom (Note: I will check in every two days and create the missing ones but just in case I miss one, you can nudge me every time.) Picture_Prompt_Fun at AO3
We also have an AO3 Collection
now. Feel free to add you work.One last note
Please never forget: this community is made for fun. It wants to challenge people to try something new and to write more. A lot of us are not professional authors, but we are all writing with love and passion.
Encouraging comments and fair critic are always welcome but please: No insults, no bashing.
If you don't like a fandom, a character or the way an author tells his story, please stay away and look for stories you like more. Thank you.
If a prompt picture belongs to you and you don't want us to use it, please contact us, and we will remove it immediately. No ownership or copyright is claimed or implied by the use of images at this place.
If you have any questions or suggestions, don't hesitate to contact prisca
(that's me ;) )